VIDEDRESSING is committed to protecting its Users’ privacy and to keeping their personal information confidential and safe.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH REGARDS TO COOKIES
The personal information requested by VIDEDRESSING is required to manage the Users’ use of the Site, and to upgrade the quality of the service offered by VIDEDRESSING. VIDEDRESSING’s records are registered with the "Commission Nationale de l'Informatique et des Libertés."
When registering on the Site, the User is required to provide personal information including his name, email address, date of birth, sex and location. The User may specify his mobile and home phone numbers, as well as his bank account details and other optional information pertaining to his occupation, tastes and preferences, among others. An asterisk appears next to the mandatory fields.
Information is collected when someone registers on the site, when a Personal Information Page is updated, when a Profile Page is created, when an Item is sold or purchased, when a User navigates through the Site, when an Item in the catalogue is viewed, as well as when the Client Service is contacted.
When registering on the Site, the User may choose to receive offers, particularly marketing communications, from Videdressing and/or its partners.
When providing his cell phone number, and subject to his agreement, the User may receive commercial offers via text message. The User may unsubscribe from said commercial offers at any time; to do so, the User should follow the procedure laid our in said text messages.
The User may also receive marketing communications by mail unless this option is declined.
When providing his mailing address, the User agrees to Videdressing processing data pertaining to his location and using various technologies allowing to locate a User’s Items. Thus, Videdressing allows its Users to search for Items based on a specific location, whether his own or another User’s. The Items displayed as a result of a geolocation-based search will appear on a map as dots indicating their location.
In no circumstances will a User’s mailing address be disclosed to another User except in case of an Item Purchase as stipulated in Article 1.7 of these Terms & Conditions.
This information will be stored for the time strictly required for the use of the account.
In accordance with Act #78-17 dated January 6, 1978, the User may, at any time, access the personal information he communicated to the Site, and/or request said information be edited, expanded, clarified, updated or deleted, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mail (VIDEDRESSING, 85 rue du Faubourg Saint-Martin, 75010 Paris). The user should specify his place and date of birth, his mailing address, his email address and his user name.
The User agrees to the use by VIDEDRESSING of the collected information and to the disclosure of this information to third parties. The User may oppose the use of the data collected by VIDEDRESSING and/or the disclosing of information to third parties. To do so, the User should uncheck the relevant box on the registration form, namely the one that says “I wish to receive offers from Videdressing.us’s partners." Once registered on the Site, the User may use his opposition right by email (email@example.com), or by mail, using a registered letter with acknowledgement of reception (VIDEDRESSING, 85 rue du Faubourg Saint-Martin, 75010 Paris). The User should specify his place and date of birth, his mailing address, his email address and his user name.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A Cookie is a small file sent to the User’s the computer and stored on its hard drive. If the User is registered with www.videdressing.us, his computer will store Cookies to save time every time the User returns to the Site, as it will remember his email address. The User may change his browser preferences in order not to allow Cookies to be saved without his explicit agreement.
WHAT IS THE USE OF THE COOKIES ISSUED BY THE SITE www.videdressing.us AND ITS APPLICATIONS?
When you visit the site www.videdressing.us or its Applications, we may, if your settings permit us to do so, save Cookies on your hard drive, thus allowing us to recognize the browser used for the duration of said Cookies’ validity. The Cookies we send will be used for the purposes described hereunder, your settings permitting, based on the configuration of the navigation software used when you visit our Site or our Applications.
The Cookies we send allow us to:
- produce metrics and navigation data with regards to the various elements in our Site or our Applications (pages and contents viewed, path through the site…), which in turn allows us to upgrade the contents and the interface of our services;
- adapt the presentation of our Site or our Applications to your computer’s display settings (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) when you visit our Site, based on the viewing material and software available on your computer;
- save information related to a form you filled in on our Site or our Applications (connection or access to your account) or to products, services or information you chose on our Site or our Applications (service you signed up for, contents of a shopping basket, etc.);
- allow you to access restricted and personal pages on our Site or our Applications, such as your account, thanks to ID’s or data you may have provided at a earlier time;
- implement security measures, for instance when you are asked to log in again to access some contents or services after a certain time has elapsed.
COOKIES EMITTED BY THIRD PARTIES ON THE SITE AND APPLICATIONS
We may include, on our Site or Applications, third party Applications allowing you to share contents from our Site with others or to inform others of your viewing or of your opinion with regards to the contents on our Site or our Applications. This includes, but is not limited to, the “Tweet,” “Like” and “Pin it” buttons connected to social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
This type of Application button may allow the relevant social network to follow your navigation on our Site, based merely on the fact that your account with said social network is activated on your Terminal (open session) during your navigation on our Site. We have no control over the processes used by social networks to collect data related to your navigation on our Site and related to the personal data they have access to. Please refer to their privacy policies. The advertising contents appearing in our ad spaces may include Cookies issued by third parties. While these Cookies are valid, they may allow said third parties to:
- record the number of advertising contents displayed via our ad spaces, identify the displayed ads and the number of Users who clicked on every ad, thus allowing them to determine the amounts owed and to produce statistical data;
- recognize your Terminal at the time of its ulterior navigation on any other site or service through which said advertisers post Cookies and, if applicable, adapt those sites, services or ads to your Terminal’s navigation;
- adapt the presentation of the site or application to which one of our advertising or promotional contents leads;
- based on your Terminal’s display settings when you visit our Site, and based on the viewing material and software available on your Terminal,
- based on the location data (longitude and latitude) transmitted to us (or to our providers) by your terminal, with your preliminary agreement,
- follow your Terminal’s ulterior navigation on sites, applications or other advertising contents.
YOUR PREFERENCES WITH REGARDS TO COOKIES
At any time, you may choose to change your preferences with regards to Cookies, thanks to the methods described hereunder.
Options offered by your navigation browser
- Agreement with regards to Cookies Whether or not a Cookie is saved to a Terminal depends on the preferences of the Terminal’s user; said preferences can be changed at any time, free of charge, thanks to the settings of the Internet browser. If, according to your browser’s settings, you accepted that Cookies be saved on your Terminal, the Cookies integrated to Web pages and the contents you viewed will, if applicable, be temporarily saved in a dedicated folder in your Terminal. The server that issued them will be the only party able to read them.
How to define your preferences, based on the browser you use
To manage your Cookies and your options, the settings of each browser are different. For more information, go to the help menu of your browser, where you will find where to edit your choices with regards to Cookies.
- For Internet Explorer™ : http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies,
- For Safari™ : http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html,
- For Chrome™ : http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647,
- For Firefox™ : http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies,
- For Opera™ : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html, etc. You can also access our Internet page, which explains how to delete Cookies.
ADOBE FLASH PLAYER "FLASH"©
"Adobe Flash Player” is a software that allows the rapid development of dynamic contents using the “Flash” computer language. Flash (and applications of the same type) memorizes the settings, the preferences and the use of these contents thanks to a technology similar to Cookies. However, "Adobe Flash Player” manages this information and your preferences via an interface that is different from those provided by your navigation software. If your Terminal can displau the Site and Application contents developed with Flash, we suggest you access your Flash Cookie tools directly from the site http://www.adobe.com/fr/."